CAREERS AT MMCCLA
No positions available right now. We will be updating this in the future so stay tuned!
Interested in volunteering at the Marine Mammal Care Center? Volunteers are a vital component to our success. Thank you for considering donating your time.
Please click on the links below to read the position descriptions for our available volunteer opportunities.
We offer volunteer positions for:
- Animal Husbandry – Applications closed
- Education Docents – Now taking volunteer applications, email email@example.com if interested
- Gift Store Operations – Now taking volunteer applications, email firstname.lastname@example.org if interested
- Outreach Coordinator – Applications closed
- Fundraising and Event Planning (remote position)
- Grant Writer (remote position) – email email@example.com if interested
- Website Development and IT Technician (remote position)
If you think you may be a good fit based on the descriptions, we invite you to submit an application.
There are limited open positions, if your availability doesn’t match an open shift you will be added to the wait-list for future shift openings.
Note: We also offer a training internship with our Animal Husbandry Department. For more information about our husbandry internship program click here. All of our 2020 internship positions have been filled.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Are you under 18? Or do you have a special skill you would like to share with us? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to find out ways you can volunteer.
Volunteer Screening Process
- Read through the entire position description to make sure you qualify. You must be 18 years or older before your anticipated start date.
- Submit an application online. A link will be posted here when we are accepting regular applications. To submit a remote volunteer position application, please email email@example.com.
- If your availability matches our needs, you will receive an email to schedule a phone interview.
- Phone interview
- If approved, attend an in-person orientation
- Complete and clear a $40 background check
- Begin volunteering!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest!
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2021 SEASON HAVE CLOSED
Marine Mammal Care Center Los Angeles offers hands-on, 10-week Husbandry Training opportunities to undergraduate college students, college graduates, veterinary students and other individuals age 18 years and older.
This is a highly specialized opportunity to learn how a hospital for pinnipeds provides medical care, housing and food to seals and sea lions in distress. Training will come from our husbandry managers and shift leaders, veterinary staff, and seasoned volunteers. This invaluable training offers a unique experience for those seeking a career in a veterinary medicine, conservation biology, or related field.
This is an un-paid internship. Husbandry Training participants are responsible for their own transportation, housing and medical insurance throughout the internship.
For students who hope to earn university credit, it is the sole responsibility of the student to obtain permission from their school and make all arrangements. The credit opportunity must be disclosed to MMCC LA, including any specialized requirements unique to the school, and must be arranged prior to accepting a position for the 10-week training program.
Participants will be exposed to a wide variety of tasks involved with rehabilitating seals and sea lions. In addition to husbandry activities, participants may be asked to assist with facility maintenance projects that are necessary to maintain a safe environment for our patients.
For information on 4th year veterinary student rotations or Husbandry Training Program questions, please email email@example.com